Wednesday 11 May 2011

W...W...W... Wednesday - 11th May

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?
WWW Wednesdays is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading.



I'm currently reading Rory Clements' Revenger as per my last www Wednesday

I finished reading Retreat from Murder by Marian Babson, well actually I sat and read it in one sitting, it was my last weeks Library Loot.

Next I think I'll be delving into one from the vintage bookshelf - The Oakhill Guide Company - it's a vintage childrens book written by Felicity Keith, my copy was published in 1957.

"Amid great excitement, and even some misgiving, Pamela went to Oakhill School. Oakhill is a happy place where one has many kinds of games, pleasant excursions and a care-free life. But above all, Oakhill has a guide company. Pamela becomes one of the Cornflowers.
Then comes trouble. The patrol Shield goes missing, and its disapearance almost coincides with the time of a burglary at Oakhill, when sundry valued trophies are stolen. These hapenings naturally arouse the dective instincts of Pamela and her chum, Margaret, and a mysterious cupboard takes on a new importance. When Pam and Margaret have gone only half-way through their investigations they realize how important the cupboard really is."

A mysterious cupboard, sounds wonderfully exciting doesn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could see a picture of the book but I suppose it being vintage it may not have a cover huh? Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete