Friday 6 May 2011

Friday Finds - Georgette Heyer

 This week I found some wonderful Georgette Heyer vintage paperbacks published by Great Pan, they have fabulous covers.
 The Talisman Ring

Love - "I have often wanted to know what he did that was so wicked," she said. "It is a mystery and I think very romantic."

Robbery - "There is no mystery", said Shield, "nor is it in the least romantic. Ludovic was a wild young man who crowned a series of follies with murder."

Murder - "A full-blooded 18th Century romance, this exciting story of the tracking-down of a master criminal is told with all the verve of a modern dective story".

 The Foundling

"The young Duke of Sale breaks loose from his mollycoddling guardian and servants ... and plunges into a new and dangerous world when he meets the beautiful foundling, Belinda - decoy for a ruthless blackmailer."

Friday's Child

"I'll marry the first female I see!"

"Rejected by the incomparable Isabella, finished with love, but desperately anxious to obtain his inheritance, young Lord Sheringham determines on a marriage of convenience!

And the first woman he sees is the adorably unsophisticated Hero Wantage, who has loved hiim since childhood..."

I've actually read these Georgette Heyer stories so these are probably destined for my shop as a bundle, I love book bundles I think they make wonderful gifts for friends.

Friday Finds is a meme hosted by Should be Readinghttp://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love these covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific find for you! Funny, although I've seen Georgette Heyer books all my life, I don't think I've ever read one!

    Thanks so much for visiting and commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete