Thursday 5 May 2011

A Book For Every Week of the Year

"You can never have too many books. Mine are in great piles covering the floor,
so the fact that I haven't yet had a book-related accident is extraordinary.
Food and books give sustenance - I become less myself if I don't read - and
just as there is an overlap in my life between cooking and writing, there's another similarity
between reading and eating.The lure of a good novel is as much of a pleasure as a box of
delicious chocolates. But I don't always have enough time to read, so perhaps it's not so
much the books I wish for as the time to read them, and to reread my favourites, as well:
Persuasion by Jane Austen, any Nancy Mitford, Little Women by Louisa May
Alcott, and I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith."

Nigella Lawson's 11th Christmas wish as shared with Justine Picardie in the December 2010 issue of Red magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment